Contract Drafting and Legal Career Skills
Making Learning Law Practical, Rigorous, Fun and Caring!
From January 2nd to 7th, the team at Lawctopus Law School lead by Mrs. Akanksha Mishra, Head, Lawctopus Law School, and Mr. Tanuj Kalia, Founding CEO, Lawctopus conducted a 6-day physical workshop at PES University, Bangalore.
The workshop covered 2 skill-sets:
- Contract Drafting and Negotiation
- Career Skills (Drafting Cover Letters & CVs, Applying to and Acing Internships)
Over a period of 6 days, we taught them:
- Drafting of Introduction of Parties Clause, Recitals Clause, Operative Clauses, Boilerplate Clauses, and Execution Formalities.
- How to negotiate a contract. We conduced a practical activity on negotiation of contracts!
- How to build an effective CV, draft cover letters, how to apply for and get internships and jobs.
We also had 1:1 sessions with students everyday (for 30 minutes) and personally addressed their academic queries and career doubts.
Over 100 students attended the workshop and it. The workshop garnered heart-warming feedback from 84 students.
- Average rating of the workshop was 90.55/100.
- The minimum rating was 70. Only 3 learners have rated 75 or lesser.
- All students said yes to doing another workshop like this. Zero students have said no to doing such a workshop again.
The workshop was immensely meaningful and reinvogorating for the team at Lawctopus Law School.
Below is some raw feedback from the learners: