About this Course on Foreign LLMs
In the past couple of decades, pursuing an LLM from a foreign university has become a popular goal amongst Indian law graduates. Specializing in a particular area helps you expand your career prospects and build a network of your own.
Studying in a foreign country, undoubtedly, broadens your horizons and brings you unparalleled exposure. It not only enhances your knowledge but also plays an integral role in your journey of self-growth and development. However, getting an acceptance into these universities is an honor which a few have.
Considering how different the application process is as compared to anything that students experience in India, you are inevitably faced with certain challenges. One of the biggest challenges is developing a focused strategy to get into the college of your choice. This becomes a difficult task because foreign universities require you to submit a statement of purpose, a CV, and letters of recommendation, instead of writing an exam to secure admissions.
How will the Course help you?
- Understand the process of choosing a college for your foreign LLM better.
- Become well-versed in the process of curating a Statement of Purpose (SOP), drafting a Curriculum Vitae (CV) and procuring Letters of Recommendation (LOR).
- Understand the process of applying to the universities you select and ultimately getting accepted into them.
- Know more about the scholarships available and how to secure them.
We intend to give you all the necessary information regarding how to go about the admissions process, draft the most important documents (your SOP and your CV), and easily navigate your way through the entire procedure without much struggle.
The course contains 4 modules.
Module 1: How to Choose a Foreign LLM
- Get introduced to the course.
- Learn about simplifying the process of choosing a subject and college.
- Get acquainted with the rankings of universities as well as the subjects they are renowned for.
Module 2: Drafting the Documents (SOP, CV, LoR)
- You will be acquainted with the basics of a Statement of Purpose (SOP), a Curriculum Vitae (CV), and Letters of Recommendation (LOR) with the help of samples.
- Get introduced to the dos and don’ts of writing the above-mentioned 3 documents.
- Understand how to write each of these documents well.
- Bain an insight into what admissions committees look for in these personal documents.
Module 3: Applying to UK, European, and US-based LLM programs
- Understand the procedure of applying to Colleges in the UK and other European Countries
- Understand the procedure of applying to Colleges in the US.
- Delve deeper into the requirements and expectations of the best universities in the world.
- Learn about the documents to be furnished for any application and English proficiency requirements
Module 4: Scholarships for an LLM Abroad
- Learn about the scholarships available to you in different parts of the world
- Delve deeper into how one can secure a scholarship for an LLM abroad
Reading resources on the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Exam
Who is this course for?
Anyone looking to apply for an LLM abroad
- Duration: 4 weeks
- Course fee: Rs. 3,800 (inclusive of GST)
Mode of Learning
- Online and self-paced
- Recorded video lectures
- Text-based modules and reading resources
- Online based forum to clarify doubts
- Live and exclusive webinars on careers in legal research, CV-building, etc.