Human conflicts are inevitable, and there may be many occasions when a person may contemplate taking legal action against another person/entity because of such conflicts. This is where a legal notice comes into the picture.
A legal notice in our country marks the incipience of legal proceedings. It is a formal written communication between parties that consists of the facts, cause of action, and legal reasoning for making any claim. A legal notice is how the sender notifies the recipient about his/her/their intention of undertaking legal proceedings against the latter.
With this course, Lawctopus Law School aims to equip law students and practicing lawyers with the necessary insight and a better understanding of the process of drafting a quality legal notice.
How will the Course help you?
- Understand what a legal notice is, its type, and its relevance.
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the laws that govern legal notices.
- Become well-versed in the art of drafting any type of legal notice.
- Know more about replying to legal notices.
We intend to give you all the necessary information regarding legal notices, the laws governing them as well as the manner of drafting and replying to them.
The course contains 5 modules.
Module 1: What is a Legal Notice?
- Get introduced to the course.
- Learn about what a legal notice is and its relevance in our legal system.
Module 2: Types of Legal Notices
- You will be acquainted with the types of legal notices that exist.
- Bain an insight into the laws that govern legal notices.
Module 3: Service & Modes of Service of a Legal Notice
- Understand what is considered as service in case of a legal notice along with the recognized modes of service.
- Delve deeper into the modes of service of a legal notice.
- Learn about the limitation period for filing a suit vis-a-vis a legal notice.
Module 4: Drafting a Legal Notice
- Learn about the key elements of a legal notice.
- Delve deeper into the process of drafting a quality notice.
- Understand how your legal notice should look through samples prepared by industry experts.
Module 5: Replying to a Legal Notice
Learn how to reply to a legal notice with a sample.
Faculty & Course Developers
Gajendra Khichi is an NLU Jodhpur alumnus and Legal Practitioner having expertise of 7 years, before the Supreme Court of India, the High Courts of Delhi & Rajasthan, as well as various District Courts and Tribunals in Delhi.
He is a skilled counsel who has experience in intellectual property law, arbitration, data protection, commercial disputes resolution, regulatory compliance, insolvency, real estate, media & entertainment and competition laws.
He currently works as an independent lawyer and has his own litigating practice.
Suvarna Dubey completed her BA LLB in 2019 from Amity Law School, Delhi (GGPSIU) and has previously practiced under an Advocate-on-Record in the Supreme Court of India. She has been involved as an editor with a networking platform for female lawyers called Her Forum since 2020. She has also been a Learning Manager with Lawctopus.
Tushar Giri graduated from Symbiosis Law School, Pune with BBA LLB in 2018. He is currently a practising advocate at the High Court of Delhi as well as the Supreme Court. He is also a founding partner of ‘Kalp Law’, a dispute resolution law firm based in Delhi which has associate offices in Bangalore, Chandigarh and Shimla.
His practice area encompasses all kinds of litigation matters but majorly he deals with cases relating to Constitutional and Administrative Law, Environment Law and Criminal Law.