About the Course
Developed after months of planning and thorough research, this course by Lawctopus Law School is best suited for law students, young professionals, and academicians who wish to learn everything related to Companies’ Act and its practice. The course has been developed by industry experts having varied practical experience, qualified professionals & educationists.
Company Law, Corporate governance & transactions represents a very specialized area of law that has diverse applications in various legal jobs and all industries. National Company Law Tribunal has now become a hub for shareholder’s disputes.
The Companies Act, 2013 being very vast, it becomes difficult to retain all these laws and regulations. Even associates in top law firms find it hard to deal with, when it comes to Company law, simply due to the sheer volume of these laws.
About Lawctopus Law School
Conceptualized and kick-started in May 2019, and formally launched in March 2020, Lawctopus Law School has taught a wide range of practical skills to over 9000+ law students, young lawyers, professionals, academicians, and business people in the last 18 months.
Over 2000 students have rated our courses and the average rating is 92.6/100 call our online courses a ‘warm’ learning experience!
At LLS, our courses are developed by subject matter experts (practitioners and academicians) and these courses are a mix of rigorously researched reading modules, recorded lectures by industry experts, weekly live sessions by experts, assignments (with personalized feedback), special, add-on career webinars, and the now famous ‘warmth and care’ of LLS.
In fact, our courses on Legal Research and Writing, Contract Drafting and Negotiation, Litigation Basics, IPR (with separate modules too for Trademarks, Copyrights, and Patents), Applying for LLM Abroad, Legal Notice Drafting, Contract Life Cycle Management, Mooting, and test prep mocks have transformed how people look at legal education and online legal education.
Structure of this Course
The course contains 10 modules:
Module 1 – Understanding the animal called ‘COMPANY’
- Meaning and Definition of a Company
- Company viz-a-viz other businesses
- Nature and Features of a Company
Module 2 – Company Law: Historical Development and Basic Concepts
- Historical developments and Jurisprudence of Company Law
- Key Concepts of Company Law
- Introduction to Corporate Personality: The idea of the Corporate Veil
- Majority Rule and the rights of Minority
Module 3 – Incorporation of a Company
- Pre-incorporation stage: Role of Promoters
- Incorporation stage: Process and Concepts
- MOA & AOA: Different types of Clauses & Doctrines
Module 4 – Capital Financing
- Financing a company: Capital and Debt
- Share, Share Capital and Member
- Debentures and Deposits
Module 5 – Management of Shares
- Transfer of shares
- Reduction of Share Capital
- Buy-back of Shares
Module 6 – Shareholder Meetings
- General and Extra-ordinary Meeting
- Calling, convening and conducting meetings
- Resolutions and Voting
Module 7 – Control and Management of a Company
- Directors: Appointment and Qualifications
- Rights and Duties of Directors
- Board of Directors and its Meetings
- Committees of the Board
- Key Managerial Personnel
Module 8 – Important Restrictive concepts in Company Law
- Related Party Transactions
- Accounts and Audit
- Offences and Penalties
Module 9 – Corporate Restructuring and other Concepts
- Introduction to Corporate Restructuring
- Winding up of a and Tribunals
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Role of Women in a Company under Companies Act
- Criminal Liability under Companies Act
Self-Assessment: Knowledge-checks at the end of every module to test your understanding of the modules
COMPULSORY ASSIGNMENT: A practical, subjective test to assess your Company Law Skills. Submitting this assignment is mandatory to receive certificates!
How will this Course help you?
By merely learning the Sections of The Companies Act, 2013, or going through various regulations you learn very little about the actual work, which you will have to do eventually. Since, the course talks about matters that are dealt exclusively by the NCLT in a gradual and a steady manner, thereby giving you exposure to the procedural as well as substantive aspects of dealing with and appearing before the tribunal for these matters. The knowledge and skills you study from the course at Lawctopus Law School will help you learn:
- Why and How of Company law
- Registration process of a company
- Management of a company
- Financing of a company
- Restructuring a company
- Careers in Corporate law
Who can enroll for this course?
- Undergraduate, postgraduate, and advanced students of law
- Young and experienced lawyers (both litigators and those working in law firms)
- Lawyers looking to build corporate litigation practice
- Academicians looking to enhance their knowledge of Company Law
- Individuals, entrepreneurs, and professionals with interest in Company Act and regulations
- Anybody with interest in Legal Technology and Innovation
INR 4800 (Inclusive of GST)
Duration and Mode of Learning
- Rigorously researched reading resources on all the topics
- Recorded video lectures covering the length and breadth of companies act, its practice, and legal developments
- Online-based, faculty monitored forum for doubt resolution and peer-to-peer learning
- 1 Compulsory Assignment (submit the assignment anytime within the 2 months of registration, and it will be evaluated within 2 weeks of submission)
Assignment and Certification
- In order to receive the certificate, you need to submit the compulsory assignment (Instructions to submit the assignment are given in the assignment doc itself)
- Upon submission of assignment, it will be evaluated within 2 weeks and grades will be released along with personalized feedback.
- If you receive an orange, green, or yellow grade, you will receive the completion certificate.
- If you receive the red grade, you will be given a chance to redo the assignment and improve your grade.
- Completion certificates will be given within 7 days of release of grades
Course Duration and Access
You’ll have access to this course for 12 months from the date of registration.
And while you can complete this course at your own pace, we recommend that you completed this course within 8 weeks.
Giving ourselves a fixed timeframe to complete things increases the chances of getting things done.
- Recorded lecture on CV making
- Recorded lecture on making it as a legal freelancer
- Internship positions for best-performing students with Lawctopus’ partner organizations
- Ad-hoc paid assignments
- Publication opportunities for best-performing students
If you have any questions, please leave a comment on this post or email at firstname.lastname@example.org